Notes of a 27 year old
Today is the day I turn 27. Although I’ve always been somewhat excited about my birthday, this year is different. Not sure why. But I do know one thing, this past year has been fantabulous! One of my most productive years in the history of my life, I’ve managed to accomplish lots of things. Let’s take a look.
1. Launched Off-Track Backpacking blog and we’ll be reaching 40,000 views by our one year anniversary. Not bad for two female backpackers who knew nothing about blogging one year ago!
2. Left on my first completely solo trip during the last Holidays. While spending Christmas with new friends in the Brazilian Amazon, I then ended 2009 on Copacabana beach in Rio with more friends! To simply officially start the year on January 1st hangliding over Rio de Janeiro.
3. Little Matthew’s wish came true. As a wish grantor for Make-a-Wish Foundation, I was involved in making his wish come true. He took a trip to Walt Disney and had a great time.
4. Friendships. I managed to not only maintain my friendships but some are stronger than ever! We’ve had plenty of fun and crazy moments. Some too crazy to mention on the blog.
5. Work is work but work is good. Although most people can complain about their work environment. I’m surrounded by a great team and enjoy going to work… ok, maybe not everyday but most days!
6. Health is great! With prepping for my Kilimanjaro hike in December, I’m in awesome shape and feel great! I think I’m in better shape than when I was playing soccer in high school!
7. Lots of international visits this year! First Marie-Katerine from France who came to visit, then JF who’s in and out of Montreal, followed by Mauricio who I quickly met up with, then Julia who I haven’t seen in 5 years, then by Stephen and finally by Craig. Maybe I should consider being a tour guide as a side job? They’re keeping me busy, that’s for sure. But I love it!
8. Support from family and friends. I’m happy to see that my parents support me in all the crazy ideas that come through my mind. I guess my family and friends are used to me by now.
I guess that’s it! So yeah, Happy Birthday to me. I should be really happy of my 26th year. Let’s see what 27 has in store for me.