To The Northern Parts Of Canada
Wherever I travel to, everyone knows where Canada is, well only because it is the second largest country in the world. Yet, know one really knows what Canada is made up of. What I mean by that is most of the majority of people in world don’t know where our major cities are located and what the provinces/territories are called. Even when I travel to the US, many individuals have no idea that Canada even has territories, let alone the names of them. I found this out, by asking a few fellow America backpackers. They all mentioned that they didn’t learn much about the Canadian geography in school. But for some odd reason, this July tourism in the Northern parts of Canada has increased and most of the people are coming from the U.S.A. Another words, maybe now more people are more aware of what Canada has to offer when it comes to traveling/sight-seeing.
A few things to do & see in the Northern parts of Canada:
- View one of the most spectacular things to see on the earth: Aurora Borealis. “Northern Lights”
- Dog Sledding
- Mountain climbing and expeditions
- Sea kayaking
- Sailing on Great Slave Lake
- Snow king Festival in Yellowknife
- Go on a Northwest Territory Caribou Hunt
- Flying or Ice fishing
- Take a boat trip around the Artic Circle and see some of the most amazing birds
- View performances of traditional native dancers and musicians
- Take an traditional excursions and go to small aboriginal communities
Now these are only a few of the things you can do while you are beyond the Artic Circle. Of course it is a little more chilly up north, but the fun part is doing activities that most people around the world have never experienced. Try something different and wander to the Northern parts of Canada.