The Small Joys of Life
Busy schedules are no secret to most people these days. Whether you’re running from one place to another, stressed out at work or simply exhausted, it’s easy to lose track. But for each one of us, there are those little moments throughout the day that put a smile on our faces. We may not think much of them, but it’s enough to make us secretly happy.
Below are some moments that make me happy without even realizing it:
- Reaching a round number at gas pump. Obviously those extra pennies don’t get me upset but reaching a round number at the pump makes me secretly happy.
- Rainy days when you have to complete chores. Cleaning is never fun. Especially when you’re doing your annual spring cleaning which requires an entire day, if not weekend. I can’t say that I’m not happy when it does rains outside because I don’t feel guilty about spending the time cleaning in that case.
- Parking the car in a tight spot, without bumping into other parked cars.
- Cooking meat to perfection. There is nothing better than not overcooking my meat!
- The subway arriving as soon as you get to the quays: the worse is when you’re walking through the subway entrance and hear the subway pass but know that you’ll never make it.