How Many Countries Have I Visited?
Often times, I would joke with my friend who was a flight attendant about how I traveled to more countries than she has, even if she had the travel benefits I was lacking. That’s just to show you how much money I spent- or should I say, invested on my own education of the World in the last few years. So here it goes….
- Canada: Quebec, Ontario, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island
- USA: New York, New Jersey, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Florida, California, Michigan, Texas and Indianapolis
- Mexico: Lived in Mexico and visited the States of Nuevo Leon, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Mexico, Chiapas, Oaxaca, Michoacan, Jalisco, Quintana Roo and Yucatan
- Dominican Republic: Punta Cana
- Brazil: Visited the Brazilian Amazon, Rio de Janeiro and the region of Bahia (Salvador, Morro de Sao Paolo, Praia do Forte and Arembepe)
- Argentina: Buenos Aires, Mar de Plata, Patagonia (Ushuaia, El Calafate and El Chaten) and Iguazu Falls
- England: London
- France: Paris and French Riviera
- Spain: Barcelona, Valencia, Alicante, Marbella, Malaga, Nerja, Granada, Ronda, Sevilla and Madrid
- Portugal: Alrgarve Coast (Lagos and Albufeira) and Lisbon
- Italy: Lived in Torino and visited most cities in northern Italy. Milano, Bolzano, Genoa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence, Bologna, Sienna, Luca, Ferrara, Padova, Parma, Rome, Avezzano, Pescara, Bari, Amalfi Coast and Capri, in addition to a bunch of other cities I didn’t mention!
- Switzerland: Bern, Lausanne, Zurich and Gimmewald
- Norway: Oslo
- Denmark: Copenhagen
- The Netherlands: Amsterdam
- Austria: Vienna
- Czech Republic: Prague
- Hungary: Budapest
- Slovenia: Llubljana
- Croatia: Zagreb
- Thailand: Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Phuket regions
- Vietnam: Hanoi, Hue, Hoi An and Saigon
- Japan: I was only there for a few hours but I can say that I had sushi in Japan!
- Morocco: Fes, Marrakech and Essaouira
- Tanzania: Kilimanjaro hike, Serengeti and Zanzibar this upcoming December. So excited!
And where do I really want to go next?
- South Africa
Traveling, as you can see, is addictive! Every time I travel, I learn about a new country, new culture and grow from those experiences. Over the years, I have grown an appreciation to see less countries but more of them during a given vacation. I prefer spending 3 weeks in one country, visiting different regions and really immersing myself in the country rather than seeing a bunch of cities in different countries. The World has so much to offer!