Top Ten Ways to Save Money While Travelling In Dubai
One of the greatest pleasures of life is to travel. Once you’re transported away from the safety of your home and a lifestyle that is familiar, you find yourself opening up to all sorts of ideas and experiences that you would normally decide going against. The key to travelling well, however, lies not just in whether or not you have travel insurance in Dubai or in any other place for that matter, but also in ensuring that you spend your money in the most cost-effective way possible. Making sure that you see as many sights as you can while not causing a burden on your finances. One of the most popular destinations to travel today is Dubai. The following are some tips on how you can save money while travelling in Dubai.
- Street Experiences Versus High Culture - In Dubai, one can experience the street culture by visiting Al-Seef Street. The road is lined with kiosks selling merchandise, food and knick-knacks while folkloric performances dazzle you with a burst of colour. You can meet new people, understand their culture and have a good time without having to spend too much!
- Eat Cheap – If you’re dying to know what authentic Arabic cuisine tastes like, don’t head for the Hotels, head for Al-Dafiyah Road! The road is overflowing with food stalls serving a variety of cuisines such as Arabic, Lebanon and Indian, making sure that you can visit it again and again without getting bored!
- If You Absolutely Have To Buy Jewellery, Only Do So From The Gold Souk – You’re in Dubai, one of the richest cities in the world, and visiting the Gold Souk, is one of the musts on your to-do list. The gold sold here is extremely cheap and just the sight of so many stalls lined up with dazzling gold surely makes the Souk worth a visit.
- Visit The Burj Al-Arab - The tallest building in the world and one of Dubai’s most frequented landmarks, the Burj Al-Arab must be visited at least once.
- Spend A Day Lounging At The Palm Islands - The Palm Islands are man-made islands in the shape of a palm tree. With stunning beaches, ample sun and a cool breeze to go with it, the islands are an ideal place to spend a day while easing up on you wallet.
- Meet New People And Share Your Experiences - One of the most interesting aspects of travelling is meeting new people and understanding the city or country that you’re in a little better. So, meet people listen to their stories and you will find yourself spending an evening that increases your perspective.
- Visit Important Landmarks And Learn Why They Were Erected - Gaining a little historical insight never hurt anybody!
- Make Sure You’re Travelling Responsibility - Fun and games aside, one cannot stress on how important this is. Always carry all important documents with you at all times and make sure that you have Travel Insurance in Dubai, just in case things don’t go as planned.
- Use Cheaper Transport – Why rent a car when you can experience the city first hand on a bicycle or by using public transport along with the locals? If you usually travel by a car at home, this is will an enriching experience for you and will also save renting and gas money!
- Choose Your Accommodation Wisely! - If your budget is a large constraint during your travel experiences, make sure that you choose your accommodation well. It is wiser to choose a student hostel or a Bed-and-Breakfast set-up over an expensive hotel that will charge you extravagantly for the smallest of services.
Mike is a free lancer writer and content builder of RSA Direct.