Flight to Kilimanjaro International Airport, Booked!!!
Today is a special day! After two weeks of pure procrastination, I booked my flight! I began searching for flights a few weeks back and found one itinerary that I liked for a good price. Now, good price when flying Montreal-Kilimanjaro doesn’t mean exactly cheap but let’s just say it was the most affordable option. I’ve never really been a procrastinator when it comes to booking travel until it was time to book this trip. I must admit that I am a little worried! What if I don’t make it to the summit? Or what if a lion eats me? I’m kidding about the lion but I’m actually scared about not making it up to the summit which would be a huge disappointment! But… I need to stay positive, right? I can do it! I can do it! I can do it!
After much debate on whether I should spend the extra money to visit Zanzibar, I decided to go through with it! When will I ever go back to Tanzania? Who knows? So that’s when I decided that I was indeed going to visit Zanzibar, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world!!
So how will I be spending the Holidays this year? Check it out my itinerary!
- My flight Montreal-Kilimanjaro is on Dec 16th in the evening. Arrival to Kilimanjaro International Airport on Friday Dec 17th. I’ll have to transfer to Moshi, the town where my hike begins from.
- I have 3 full days in Moshi (Dec 18-20) to relax, explore the town and get acclimatized. I had fever last year before leaving for my Brazilian adventure in the Amazon so I rather pay the extra $$ to relax and get over any colds I may catch between now and then.
- My 7-day and 5,893 m (or 19,334 ft) hike to Kilimanjaro summit begins on Tue Dec 21. I hope you’ll be thinking about me because I may be freaking out! I’ll be spending Christmas on the mountain. How cool is that?!
- After an exhausting hike, my 5-day safari to the Serengeti will begin on Tue Dec 28th. I’ll be spending New Year’s Eve in the Serengeti surround by wild animals! Very random and fun!
- Following a difficult hike and a fun safari, it’ll be time to relax and enjoy Africa! I’ll be heading to Zanzibar on Jan 2 to explore pristine beaches and enjoy my last 4 days on the continent.
Having scary but exciting feelings is confusing! It’s probably one of the most challenging things on my list of things to do before I die. I’m obviously looking forward to it but with some reserve I guess. Let’s see how things work out for me… Keep you posted with my planning
Congrats on booking your trip!
Looking forward to reading about your fantastic adventure !